Our hands are very important because they play a big role in our daily life, and an infected finger can be a major hindrance. We use our hands and fingers all the time. They are very helpful to us. That’s why it is important to have healthy hands and fingers. Sometimes, because of the types of work we do, we suffer from an infected finger. However, it can also happen to everyone, so it is better to take good care of your hands. You can avoid an infected finger by knowing the causes of the problem. You should also know some basic guidelines on how to treat your infected finger. There are only limited home remedies because finger infections have the potential to become severe.
The main cause of a finger infection is bacteria. Bacteria enters open tissue in your nail bed or around your nail. Finger sucking and nail biting could be reasons for having open tissue on your finger. The risk is increased with children who always suck their thumbs because their skin might crack, letting bacteria enter easily.
If you are suffering from diabetes or traumatic problems, the entry of bacteria through broken skin or even normal skin is even more possible. You have to be cautious if you have this kind of disease, because you are more prone to getting an infected finger.
Working in a laboratory or wearing gloves on the job could also lead to infection because of perspiration. This can cause bacteria if you don’t wash your hands and if you don’t remove the gloves every hour.
Some infections also develop because of human bites or animal bites. Make sure that you get shots if you are bitten by animals.
You can try some home remedies if the infected finger is not yet serious. Soak your hands in warm water and apply some garlic paste. You can also try to apply topical cream to kill fungus. Topical cream is available at any pharmacy. If you notice that there is no improvement, consult a doctor. Your doctor will give you antibiotic and he may ask you to stay under observation to ensure that the antibiotic reacts positively.
You should attend to this problem immediately because, if it remains untreated, it may lead to a disability or, worse, the loss of a finger. It is better cure it as quickly as possible. If an infected finger is already severe, seek immediate medical treatment.